Monday, 8 October 2012

Just for me...




Still making some new summer clothes for me...I whipped up this top the other day.
It was some batik fabric I had floating around in the cupboard.
The lace trimming the bottom is a dollie cut up.
I its lovely to wear.   
  I just cut the band to fit around my chest just under my arms, plus seam.
The main part of the top I cut 6" wider where it joined the band. This allowed for some little pin tucks, which I felt gives a nice fall over the bust line  
 The hemline I made a bit wider than the bust to go over my hips.
Then added the lacy bits to brake the straight line along the hem and add interest.
 I was so pleased with my top I made a dress using the same pattern only longer
 Then added some Free-Motion Machine Embroidery flowers 
I was really pleased with my flower...I thought they added some fun to my dress.

This is not men't to be a tutorial, just a basic out line as to how I made this top and dress.
If you have any questions please ask I would be pleased to help where I can.

Hugs Tanya xxx 


4 comments:

Shaz said...

Thanks for these instructions Tanya - I'll give a frock a go now!

Anonymous said...

You are so clever! The free motion flowers really add to the dress. Looks fantastic!
Love Jeanie Beanie xoxox

Anonymous said...

Have seen the top on, looks great......now the dress, love the colour and the flowers were a great idea.....you go girl......hope you had a nice day yesterday...
Have a great weekend.....Linda x

Kirsten said...

Love your top! I have a few doilies my grandma crocheted and am always looking for nice ways to use them.