Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Fairy Princess Dress



I saw this dress on Lindsay's blog The Cottage Home and could not resist make it for Miss Charlotte...this is a lovely blog and well worth a look.
Lindsay called hers a Happy Days Big Bow Dress. 

 The original had eyelet lace straps...as I didn't have Charlotte handy when making the dress I made the shoulder straps from matching fabric, then made then tied so could be adjusted to fit.  
 I changed the pocket embroidery on Charlotte's to a Fairy Princess.
I used free motion machine embroidery to do the fairy and writing...I wanted it to look like a childs drawing     
If you would like to make your Fairy Princess this dress find the instructions

Have a great day
Hugs Tanya xxxx

5 comments:

Melody said...

So very cute.

The Cottage Mama said...

I'm just dying over here from the cuteness of that pocket! I absolutely adore this version. Thank you SO much for sharing this with me and I love your work. Have a great night, Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute! I love the fairy princess on the pocket really whimsical.
Love Jeanie Beanie xoxox

Bev C said...

Hello Tanya,

Wow Charlotte will love this.I like the idea of the straps too, she will get another season out of it.

happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Maxine said...

Just so cute, makes me wish my girls were little again. Love the colours and the pocket perfect for a little girl, I am sure Charlotte will love it.