Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Spring has Sprung

The day have been getting longer and warm here in Brisbane....I love this time of year. The days are warm, but not  too hot. Mornings and nights are still a bit cool. My thoughts have turn to some new clothes for the new season. The last couple of weeks I have been working on some new pieces for the grand kids and me.



For Syrus these cute shorts and longs
I love the rocking horse fabric...picked it up from the clearance rack at Spotlight 





Wrap dresses for Charlotte
Most of the fabric for these came form the Gypsy Bandanna range by Maxwell & Pillow 
Pattern is 'Rosie Wrap' by Mini Moon Shine.


...and for me some new skirts and a maxi-dress YEAH

 the fabric for this skirt was left over from my Jamestown Sampler Quilt.
The T-shirt was one I already had...jazzed it up some.


 these skirts are just the basic measure your waist x 2...on an elastic waist. 

 The maxi is an old top cut down then some pretty fabric added to make it into a dress.
I love this it is sooo nice to wear.  Will be making more for summer.


Then waste not...I used the cut off bottom bit from the top to make the maxi in to a waist band for this skirt.
Very nice and soft to wear ;)
Now we have some nice new clothes to welcome the new season.
Hugs Tanya


8 comments:

Melody said...

You did a brilliant job. Everything you made is gorgeous

Cath said...

Lovely clothing to welcome in the Spring. It has been lovely the last couple of days since we had that bit of rain on Monday!
From one brissie girl to another!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Bev C said...

Hello Tanya,

Oh seeing all these makes me just want to hop in the sewing room. Lovely fabrics and the little girls dress pattern is stunning.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Charlie and Wendy said...

Lots of lovely projects, I love the wrap dresses.

Anonymous said...

You are a clever lady and it's so nice to be able to read your blog again.....love the material you have used in everything....see you tomorrow...Linda x

Linda Coleman said...

great clothes Tanya and I really like the fabrics you used

Pam said...

You have been super busy, Tanya. Love the style of the wrap dresses.

Anonymous said...

Love the skirt Tanya. I had seen you wear the dress which is beautiful, but the colours in the skirt are gorgeous.
Love Jeanie Beanie xoxox