Thursday, 19 April 2012

A WEDDING QUILT











My baby brother (40) is finally getting married this Saturday. Keyran & Gail announced there engagement over two years ago.

I made them this quilt as a wedding gift not long after they got engaged...as they where going to get married within 12 months originally.

Then the decided to go to Europe for a holiday instead. So this quilt has sat stored in the cupboard waiting. It was one off the first quilts I made when I started quilting again.

Even though they live in Sydney they decided to have they wedding in Brisbane. There were less people to come from Sydney to Brisbane than the other way around. Then they decided they might move to Brisbane after the wedding, but not having enough stress with organizing a wedding in an other state they ended up moving from Sydney to Brisbane last weekend. OMG I feel stressed just thinking about it.

Looking forward to finally seeing my baby brother getting married, not to forget getting a wonderful new SIL. Plus now they only live 30mins away. What more could I ask for.

Hugs Tanya xxx

6 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely quilt... it will be such a lovely gift for them.... wishing good weather for you all....
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Stunning! You clever girl.
Love Jeanie Beanie xoxo

Charlie and Wendy said...

This quilt is gorgeous, what an amazing job!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya
I have always loved this quilt......this was when I first met you at Stitch N Bitch, and I always thought how clever you were.....I thought one day I would love to make one and I think I will if Anne can cope.
Have a wonderful day on Saturday, hope all goes well.
Look forward to seeing you when you get back from holidays, we will miss you......Linda x

Sue B said...

Stunning quilt, they will love it for years, and congratulations to them for tying the knot.

Melissa said...

I love the colors! SO beautiful!

Also, I nominated you for a Liebster Award!

http://www.loblollyquilts.com/2012/04/worry-monster.html