Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Big Ted





Today I am linking up with Melody @ House on the Side of the Hill, for Tuesdays Treasures.




Today my treasure is Big Ted. My dad gave me this teddy when I was just a baby. I can't remember a time in my life when he has not been there with me.
He is looking a little sad with one eye missing and his nose a little worse for wear. At 50+ I think he is look quite good for his age. He will always be special to me as a life long friend as well as the first gift my Dad bought for me.

Its raining here in Brisbane again today. Fingers crossed it stops before we leave for Carins next Tuesday.
Have a great day.
Hugs Tanya xxx

10 comments:

Fiona said...

Big ted is very cute... lovely to have an 'old' friend about the house... our little place is so dry.... we just need the clouds to move over a few mountains to us.....
Hugz

Melody said...

Big Ted is adorable. He looks so well loved, I bet he received a million little hugs.

Quilt Kitty said...

Big Ted is gorgeous. I have a 46 year old Little Ted I received in the hospital who is also missing an eye. One eyed old teds rock! Tracee xx

Cath said...

Hello from one Brisbane girl to another. I love your big ted. How special to have such a treasure from your dad. I have a little ted who is 46. He was bought before I was born and has no nose anymore and is very theadbare. I might join you and do a teddy treasure for tuesday treasures.
Cath
@ Bits 'n Bobs

Anonymous said...

Tanya you can see he was loved so much. Reminds me I must find my beautiful old bear. He growls when you press his tummy. Hard to believe our teddies are getting this old! We aren't this old too are we lol?
Love Jeanie Beanie

Anonymous said...

Teddies are one of my favourite things, thank for sharing, will show you mine one day.....see you 2morrow....Linda x

Nice to be reading your blog again !!!!

Anonymous said...

Teddies are one of my favourite things, thank for sharing, will show you mine one day.....see you 2morrow....Linda x

Nice to be reading your blog again !!!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Big Ted is wonderful. How lovely to have such a treasured and faithful friend with so many lovely memories attached to him. Great treasure!

Carolyn said...

What a lovely treasure, with lots of wonderful memories attached.

Melody said...

Thanks so much for playing along with Tuesday Treasures this week. It is very much appreciated.